Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Is It Time to Move on?

Since my college year, especially when I lost my faith in the institution and got expelled, I never had any plan for my future. I knew then, my future would be shady and completely abnormal. I mean, I had no degree, no girlfriend, no interest in my major, and no steady job. I was forced to finish my study and got my degree, which I finally did. After graduation, I was told to go to Jakarta because my brother-in-law was planned to go abroad and I had to watch my sister's family, and look for a job along. It took me six months to get my first job. After a year, I was fired unexpectedly. I once thought to go home, but there was this flood blocked my way home, so I waited. I got my present job a year ago and it came along pretty well. Just last week, at a family meeting back home, I was told to go home for good. As for my job, there is one cousin-in-law who opened a small IT company and I can join him anytime. The problem is I begin to like to live here, though my job is always a pain in the ass. I always feel more stressed by my extended family than by my boss. At least I don't have to live with my boss for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment